Frequently Asked Questions

How do I hire the hall?

To make a hall booking, please email your request to  giving your contact details and dates that you are interested in. 

What furniture is available? 

10 trestle tables – 6 ft x 2ft 6 inches. 

Modular stage – 3 metres x 5.25 metres max..

Alternatively, the stage modules can be used as 28 tables 750mm square which can be grouped together. 

80 upholstered chairs + 50 plastic shell chairs

What Licence does the hall have? 

The hall has a Public Entertainments licence for up to 250 people.  (However please check the capacities of individual rooms on Rooms available to hire).  The hall’s licence covers 9am to midnight Monday to Saturday and 9am to 10:30 pm on Sundays. 

Can we have a Paying Bar?

The village hall bar is manned by volunteers so their availability will need to be confirmed if required.  

The Bar operates for 4 hours, normally 7:30 to 11:30 pm.  Other times by agreement. 

There is a booking charge for the bar and the hall keeps the profits. 

The bar provides glasses for the drinks they sell but not for hirers’ own drinks.

Alternatively you can request our permission to apply for a licence (TEN) for someone else to run your bar.

Does the hall provide crockery and cutlery? 

There are about 80 tea cups, saucers and small side plates suitable for tea, coffee and sandwiches or cake.   

There is a small selection of other unmatched glasses, cutlery and crockery that hirers are welcome to use but insufficient for full place settings. 

Cutlery, crockery and glasses can normally be provided by caterers or they can be hired independently. 

Is there a car park?

The car park holds up to 40 cars – overflow parking on the recreation field.